Sunday 30 June 2013

D.I.Y- Jar of inspiration

D.I.Y: Jar Of Inspiration (using old candle containers)

Hello everyone!

Recently I have been hearing a lot about 'D.I.Y Jars of happiness' which are designed so that threw out the year you place any memento's or inspiration messages that you have collected on days out. The jar is then emptied at the end of the year and you are able to look back of the previous year and see all of the things you have done throughout it! When I heard about these jars a thought immediately sprung to my mind, after watching 'juciystar07' youtube video about what she was going to give to her sister Elle for christmas I decided to create my own jar. The jar of inspiration.



This jar is designed to be filled with inspiration quotes and messages in which you can read in the morning and hopefully follow throughout the day. Often I am stuck for inspiration which makes everyday feel the same. However using this jar with hopefully enable me to see the positives everyday instead of sometimes just focussing on the negatives. This blog post will show you the step by step instructions on how to create your own jar of inspiration.

what you will need: 

* a jar of your choice ( I designed to use an old candle container)
* paper of your choice
* a black pen
* glue 

other equipment you may want to use: 
* paint
*ribbon
* glue gun- or strong hold glue
*glitter 

how to make it!

1)  Find a container of your choice to use as the 'jar' which you will be filling with inspirational messages and quotes. I chose to use a old candle container I had that still had some of the candle wax inside. To remove this I placed the candle into my freezer draw without its lid. I then left the candle there for around 20 minutes before removing the wax with a butter knife. By freezing the wax it made the removal easier. 


2) To remove the sticker that was on the front of the jar I bathed the jar in a bowel of boiling water to lift the glue making the remove easier.




3) I then removed the sticker by peeling it of the glass container. Then usings a scrubbing cloth I removed any unwanted wax that was still left over from the previous step.Using the paper I then wrote out multiple quotes and inspirational messages, which I cut out and folded  placing it into my jar.



4) Now to decorate the jar and make it a little more personalised I added a label made from black sharpie and plain white card, using my glue I attached the label to the jar. I then added some small paper flowers that I purchases at the range. I also painted the lid with some pale purple acrylic paint as well as adding a bow using patterned ribbon
                          
I hope you enjoyed this D.I.Y blog post, I really enjoyed making it! I think this would be a perfect choice if you are looking for a gift idea with more or a personal touch and something that is well within a budget! 

Have a lovely day, Bethany x

No comments:

Post a Comment